How to Submit Your Prescription
A prescription is required for the purchase of all machines, complete mask systems and humidifiers. Each item that requires a prescription is clearly marked on our website. A prescription from any point in time can be used and your prescription can be used multiple times- once on file with us, you will not have to submit again. Machines will be set to prescribed pressures as indicated by your prescription prior to shipment.
If you need help obtaining a prescription from your doctor, give us a call at 1-866-298-6482. We can request your information directly from your sleep doctor or PCP. We will be happy to work with your physician to get the prescription.
Why we need a prescription
State Boards of Pharmacy and the FDA require all licensed distributors of CPAP devices to obtain prescriptions for humidifiers, all types of CPAP machines and complete CPAP mask systems, as they are considered Class II Medical Devices. These guidelines require a copy of the prescription be on file prior to shipping your order to any U.S. address (Please Note: You may order prior to submitting your prescription, and the order will not ship until we have a prescription on file).
Prescription must include:
- Patient's first and last name
- Physician's information and signature
- Prescribed pressure setting (Bi-PAP must include IPAP and EPAP pressures, APAP must include minimum and maximum pressure)
- A statement about the equipment needed, for example “CPAP”, “BiPAP”, “CPAP Mask”, “CPAP Humidifier” or “CPAP Supplies”
Items that DO NOT require a copy of prescription:
- CPAP Masks without Headgear: Includes everything except Headgear Straps
- CPAP Mask Parts: Cushions, Headgear, Accessories
- CPAP Machine Parts: CPAP Hose/Tubing, Filters, Water Chambers, Parts, etc.
- Comfort Items: Tube Covers, Moisturizers, Comfort Pads, etc.